High-Efficiency Natural Gas Equipment List Rebate
Qualifying Equipment List – Rebate
- Natural Gas Furnace AFUE ≥ 94 with ECM – $300
- Natural Gas Furnace Tune-Up 1 – $25
- Natural Gas Water Boiler AFUE ≥ 90 – $450
- ENERGY STAR Storage Natural Gas Water ≥ 40 Gallons – $100
- ENERGY STAR Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater – $200
- Indirect Natural Gas Water Heater 2 – $150
- Wi-Fi Thermostat 3 – $25
AFUE = Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency | ECM = Electronically Controlled Fan Motor
- Existing natural gas furnaces only, boilers are ineligible. Limited to one rebate every five years.
- Installed by a contractor at time of qualifying natural gas furnace or boiler installation.
- Contractor-installed or self-installed, must control a natural gas heating and/or air conditioning system.
Qualifying Wi-Fi thermostats include thermostats connected through Wi-Fi, cellular frequency or alarm systems.
To be eligible for rebates, natural gas furnaces, boilers, and water heaters must be Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) or ENERGY STAR approved. All eligible equipment (except Wi-Fi thermostats) must be installed by a licensed contractor or a contractor who has provided you with either a Federal ID (tax) number or a Certificate of Insurance.
To apply for a rebate please complete, print, and sign our online rebate application. You can also call our energy efficiency hotline at 1.800.995.9525, and ask for a rebate form to be mailed to you. Rebates are processed in the order in which they are received and can take up to 4 to 6 weeks for processing. Please read the Terms and Conditions found on page 3 of the rebate application.
- Go to RG&E for List of Eligible Equipment.
- Go to RG&E for Application for Rebate.
- Go to RG&E for Residential Rebates.